It wasn’t long into my phone conversation with Teddi that I knew I had to document Teddi and Darren’s wedding day.
Our conversation was easy and genuine. Teddi expressed how important family and friends are to them, and they really wanted to host a fun, energetic event for their guests with cultural nods and intricacies that no one would forget.
During our conversation, Teddi also let me know how important it was to her that her dad would be walking her down the aisle. Two months prior to Teddi’s and Darren’s wedding, her dad needed to have a heart transplant. She was at his bedside for 3 months, never giving up hope that a replacement would be found.
At the very last minute, they got a call from the national transplant team that they had found her dad a heart. He was going to make it; he was going to be okay. Words cannot describe the emotions that went through me while listening to her uncover this story, this miracle.
While discussing wedding details a few months before Teddi and Darren’s big day, Teddi let me know that TLC’s Say Yes to the Dress would be filming their entire wedding day! Her excitement was so sincere and heartfelt, and we both could not wait for this day to arrive.
As we arrived at the bridal suite, we met with the Say Yes to the Dress camera crew. They were beyond incredible to work with, and such a pleasure to photograph alongside. The Director, Norma, was amazing. I loved watching her work behind the scenes, making sure everything was absolutely perfect. At the end of the night, she said to me, “Teddi and Darren are one of the most genuine couples I have ever met.” I couldn’t agree with her more.
The entire day was absolutely perfect. Teddi and Darren’s wedding was filled with laughter and love and so many tears of joy. I couldn’t help but get emotional during their beautiful vows to each other, joining of families with Joelle; Darren’s daughter, Teddi’s Dad’s speech telling his story of his heart transplant and how Teddi saved his life…
During Ted’s speech to his daughter, he said, “Teddi, I love you with both of my hearts. You are truly, my infinite love.” Listening to Ted talk about his beautiful daughter like that with so much love and passion sincerely touched my heart and is a moment I will never, ever forget.
I thoroughly enjoyed working with Teddi and Darren. They both have the most infectious smiles and their enthusiasm for life and love is inspiring. The joy and support reflected in the faces of their family and friends during their event was an honor to document. I know that this couple will have many amazing adventures in their future and that they will continue to inspire those around them.
Please enjoy the highlighted moments captured from Teddi and Darren’s wedding day.
SPECIAL THANKS TO ALL OF THE AMAZING VENDORS & TEAMS WHO MADE THIS DAY POSSIBLE:
- Photography: Emerald Stone Photography
- Lead Photographer: Erica Lewis / 2nd Shooter & Photographers Assistant: Ashlie Strevig
- Production Company (Say Yes to the Dress): Halfyard Productions
- Say Yes to the Dress Director: Norma Fraser-Day
- Videography: Transition Films, San Antonio
- Venue: The Bell Tower on 34th
- Dress: Hayley Paige of Kleinfeld’s (Manhattan)
- Dress Alterations/embellishments: Brittany Yearling of B. Yearling Designs (Missouri city, Tx)
- Custom Wedding Gown Hanger: Twisted Hangers
- Bridesmaid dresses: Bella Bridesmaids
- Exit Dress: Brittany Yearling (Missouri City)
- Tux: Joseph Abboud
- Bridal Shoes: Badgley Mischka
- Hair: Chanell Pruitt, Houston
- Makeup: Allison Marshall & Juan “Orlando” Villarreal, Houston
- Flowers: Peter Dang of Vilka Florists, Houston
- Ring: Jared’s (his & hers)
- Bridesmaids Robes (Bridesmaid Gift): Divine Bridal Shop (NY)
- Custom Groomsman Shoes (Groomsman Gift): Eric Dorsey of Illustrative Cre8tions (Delaware)
- Cake: Supreme Kakes of Houston
- Violinist (during ceremony): Dominique Hammons (Houston)
- Band: Junka-Tech Junkanoo Entertainment, Houston
- DJ: DJ Cruise Control (Houston)
- Coordinator: Elle Velasquez of Provocouture Events, Houston
- Onsite Coordinator: Leslie Gonsalves
PLEASE READ – SOCIAL MEDIA & SHARING – We ask that you ALWAYS link back to and/or Credit “Emerald Stone Photography” on every shared post. We do not watermark our photography because we feel it takes away from the photo, and in return we ask that we are credited for all artwork and photography captured/created.
Thank you so much for respecting not only our hard work, but the time, money, and dedication that we have put into training, editing, and equipment to capture and create these images for you.